Do you want to give your audience the opportunity of a moment of fun and entertainment? We present to you the Puzzle game, which will allow your online audience to solve a puzzle in the shortest possible time. Users will earn points for completing the puzzle, and will also get additional points based on the time remaining. In this way, the participants will compete with each other to obtain the highest score in the Ranking and as administrator you will be able to reward the best classified.
These are the contents of the tutorial:
1. General description
Games have always captured the attention of users, who enjoy solving challenges such as word searches, word games, puzzles and memory games.
In particular, in this tutorial we explain all the steps to create a Puzzle game. You'll be able to upload your own image and the system will automatically create the puzzle pieces for users to complete the challenge.
The Puzzle game has the following features:
- You can upload your own image and the system will divide it into the necessary pieces to generate the puzzle.
- You can choose between three levels of difficulty: easy (9 pieces), medium (16 pieces) or difficult (25 pieces).
- You can limit the time available for players to complete the puzzle (from 30 to 300 seconds). To increase the difficulty, you can also limit the maximum number of moves.
- You will be able to show the image of the completely finished puzzle for 3 seconds to help the users continue.
- Multiple options to reward participants: You can assign the prize/s to the participants with the highest score, run a random draw among the participants with the highest score, draw a prize among all the participants, etc.
2. How is the user participation flow
What will the user experience be like? The promotion is made up of different pages that the user will find when interacting with the promotion to participate, such as: the initial welcome page, the registration page, where the user will register with their data, the page that presents the game, etc. As a whole, the different pages will make up the structure of the promotion and the flow of participation that the user will follow to complete the promotional mechanics of the promotion.
In addition, as an administrator you can select which participation flow you want users to follow. Specifically, there are three different participation flows: Identified Mode, where the user must identify and register before being able to play; Visitor Mode, where the user first plays and then identifies and registers in order to claim their prize; and Anonymous Mode, where the user participates without identifying himself or registering. The choice of one modality or another will determine how the user's participation and experience in the promotion will be.
Learn in this article how each participation flow works, as well as the different pages that make up a promotion.
3. Create the promotion
How to start creating the Puzzle? The following tutorial presents the first steps to create your promotion so that you don't miss any important point. You will learn all the general management options that you have available as an administrator in your dashboard to manage and edit the promotion.
4. Set up the Puzzle
As a next step, go to the Editor > Pages > Participation > Puzzle. You will see that a puzzle game is set up as a sample so you can see how to configure it and thus be inspired to design your own game. You can use the "Test the game" tab to test the user experience when playing:
Next, go to the "General" tab where you can first customize the following layout options where the game will be presented:
1. Introduction message: This is the message that will be shown above the game board. You can use this text to give the users instructions if necessary.
2. "Upload media": Click this option to upload the image that you want to turn into a puzzle. The recommended size is 800x800px.
Next, click on the "Gameplay settings" tab, where you will find the following options:
- Level. Choose the difficulty level of the puzzle: Easy, Medium or Hard.
- Show help. If you check this option, the system will show the complete image during a few seconds upon loading the board.
- Time limit. You can establish a maximum time that you want to give the users to finish the puzzle (30 to 300 seconds).
- Limit moves. You can establish a maximum amount of moves that the user gets to solve the puzzle (between 10 and 50).
In the "Instructions" tab you can upload an image to explain to users the steps they must follow to play.
Finally, in the "Test the game" tab, you can test the puzzle before publishing, and make changes if necessary.
5. Customize the score screen
In the "Score screen" section you can customize the colors and texts that will be displayed on the screen that the user will access after completing the game, which allows the user to be shown a summary of their game with the score achieved. This screen is divided into:
- OK screen: It is the screen that is displayed when the user finishes the game in the established time.
- KO screen by time: It is the screen that appears when the user has run out of time and has not been able to complete the game.
In this way, for each of these screens you can customize the following elements:
- "Feedback message text": Message displayed at the top of the screen, which by default comes with the text "Good job!" in the case of "OK screen" and "Time's up!" on the "KO screen by time".
- Background Color: The administrator can set up the background color of both screens to adapt it to the corporate colors of the brand.
6. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Puzzle, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
7. Manage scores and publication of winners
By default, the system will assign a score of 100 points to the participants after completing the puzzle with the time established by the administrator.
Additionally, points will be assigned based on the participant's remaining time. In particular, 10 points will be assigned for each remaining second.
How to publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the game, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, you have three ways to assign the prize to the winners, depending on your preference:
2. Carry out a giveaway among the users who have obtained a higher score. Follow the steps of this tutorial that explains how you can create the prize to be raffled among the players with the highest score, for example, the 5 players with the most points.
3. Carry out a draw among all the users who have participated in the game. Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it among all the participants.