Tutorial: How to create a Refer a Friend contest Follow
The "Refer a friend" application will allow you to create a contest using the recruiters system to increase the organic virality of the campaign and get a high participation. To participate, users must share and viralize the promotion among their friends and contacts and thus get new participants to have more opportunities to win. You will be able to reward the most recruiters with a final draw, and thus increase participation organically.
The content of the tutorial is as follows:
How is the participation flow of the user
Create the promotion
Set up of the Refer a friend Contest
Communicate with participants via email
Customize the design and finish the settings
Manage and publish the winners
1. General description
The Refer a friend application will allow you to create a contest applying the recruiters system to increase the organic virality of the promotion. To participate, users must share the promotion with their friends and contacts to get new participants to have more chances to win.
The Refer a friend contest will allow you to:
- Completely customize the registration form with the data you want to obtain from the participants.
- Combine the Recruiters system with any type of Easypromos contest or giveaway to increase its virality and reach.
- Reward those who viralize the most with two different mechanics:
- Final draw where the participants who have achieved a minimum number of recruits opt for the prize.
- Draw among all participants but giving more chances of winning to the most recruiters with additional participations.
- Publish the recruited friends of each participant to promote competitiveness among participants.
- Send automatic emails to participants to inform them of their progress in the contest: you can configure an email to be sent automatically when the user manages to recruit the minimum number of friends required, or even send an email to all participants who have not yet achieved the challenge.
- Provide users with all the tools to go viral: after completing the registration for the promotion, users will have different tools available to publish and share the promotion.
2. How is the participation flow of the user
What will the user experience be like? The promotion is made up of different pages that the user will find when interacting with the promotion to participate, such as: the initial welcome page, the registration page, where the user will register with their data, the final page, etc. As a whole, the different pages will make up the structure of the promotion and the flow of participation that the user will follow to complete the promotional mechanics of the promotion.
In particular, in an Refer a friend contest the participation flow will be as follows:
1. When accessing the promotion for the first time, the user will access the Welcome page, and when clicking on the main button to start participating, the next page they will see will be the registration form page.
2. The user will need to fill in the form with all the information requested by the administrator.
3. Once the registration form has been completed, the user will access the final page where the thank you message will appear, confirming that they have registered correctly.
3. Create the promotion
How to start creating the Spin the wheel promotion? We present the following tutorial that will allow you to know the first steps to create your promotion so that you do not miss any important point. You will learn all the general management options that you have available as an administrator in your internal dashboard to manage and edit the promotion.
4. Set up of the Refer a friend contest
Here we explain all the steps to create your Refer a friend contest.
Step 1. Participant registration system
In order to participate in the Refer a friend Contest, users must register by filling in the registration form with the requested data.
To do this, go to the Editor > Pages > Registration Form, to customize the fields that you want to ask users to be able to participate:
Check the tutorial where we explain how to configure the promotion registration form.
Step 2. Customize the Gallery page
By default, when the contest is created, the Gallery page is enabled, which will allow users to see their participation in the contest confirmed and, furthermore, to promote competitiveness among users, which will translate into more participation. If the participations are public, all users can access the public list of participants and check at any time the evolution of their recruits.
Access the "Options" tab to configure the following options
1. Make recruits public. You can show how many recruits each participant has achieved, and even order the list of entries by number of recruits. This feature is enabled by default. We recommend keeping it enabled, to inform and motivate participants.
2. Number of recruits to obtain. You can specify a minimum number of recruited users that participants must obtain for a chance to win the contest. In this way, the user will be able to see in the gallery how many users they have recruited and will see the message "Challenge completed!" when they have recruited the minimum required. Use this option to indicate a goal to the user, such as: "Get a minimum of 3 users to enter the draw."
Discover in this article 5 Keys to Create a Successful Recruitment Promotion.
5. Communicate with participants via email
The success of a Refer a friend promotion depends ultimately on two main factors. Firstly, whether users have correctly understood what they need to do to participate; and secondly, how easy they find it to ‘recruit’ their friends.
The Emails Platform is designed to help you with both these factors. It enables you to communicate with participants, in a way that is both direct and personalized, via automated emails. The objectives of these emails will be as follows:
1. Providing each participant with their unique and individual recruiting URL to make recruitment as simple as possible.
2. Motivating participants to keep recruiting. Reminding them of the prize will encourage them!
3. Sending reminders and informing participants about the status of their entry: how many recruits they’ve obtained and how many they still have to find. Don’t forget to congratulate them when they meet their objectives.
Here are the instructions to create the email with the following objectives:
- Thank participants for registering and give them a unique recruiting URL to invite friends to the contest.
- Remind participants of how many recruits they must achieve to become a finalist, and recommend strategies for recruitment.
- Congratulate users who reach the goal number of recruits, and will enter the final of the competition.
6. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Refer a friend contest, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
7. Manage and publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the contest, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, for the Refer a friend Contest, the two dynamics that we recommend are the following:
1. Ask users to hit a recruiting target in order to become finalists. For example, only those who have gotten 4 friends to participate will enter the final sweepstakes. In this tutorial we explain how you can filter the finalists of the draw according to a minimum number of recruits.
2. Carry out a random draw among all registered users, but give an additional entry for each recruited friend. You can give participants their additional entries in the prize draw setup. Check out this tutorial to learn how to assign additional entries based on the number of recruits earned.
Please sign in to leave a comment.