The "Redeem codes" application will allow you to reward the loyalty of your customers with an exclusive promotion where only users who have a valid code can register. You can upload the codes that the application will verify and decide the type of prize that users will obtain when registering, such as a direct prize, a discount or an entry in a random draw.
The content of the tutorial is as follows:
1. General description
The "Redeem codes" application allows you to organize a closed promotion for a group of users who have a valid code to participate. In this way, you can reward your consumers and clients by offering them a code that they can validate to register for an online promotion for the chance to win gifts, discounts and prizes. In this way, in addition to having an organized code validation system, you will be able to obtain the contact details of the users who register.
The application provides all the tools so that the validation of the participant codes is complete:
- You can preload in the application all the codes that you will distribute at the point of sale.
- You can set up the option "single use" so that the system checks that the codes entered have not been registered by another user previously.
- Users who have a code will be able to enter it in the application and it will automatically validate it.
- You can enable a field so that the participant must upload a photo of the purchase receipt in addition to inserting the code.
- You will be able to create several prizes and decide how to assign them: by random draw among all registered users, by instant win, according to winning codes, by prize wheel, etc.
- Export registered user data to an Excel/CSV file.
2. Set up of the promotion
Here we explain all the steps to create your promotion.
Step 1. Create promotion
1. Access the Easypromos Control Panel and log in with your email address and password to manage and create promotions.
2. Click the green button to Create a new promotion.
3. You'll see a list of all the products available. Choose Redeem Codes to set up an online promotion, in wich participants register for gift or discount codes.
4. As a next step, set up the following options:
- Organizing brand. As a first step, you should select or create an organizing brand for your promotion. This organizing brand is independent of any social network and works as a folder within your Easypromos account, in order to help organize the promotions that you create.
- Template version. Select which template you want to use to create your promotion: Premium or White Label.
5. After clicking on "Continue" button, you'll get access to the Promotion Management Page, with all your promotions settings. Below, we explain the most important sections:
- Header. This displays the title of the promotion, the version (Premium or White Label), and the promotion ID number. You'll also see the promotion status, which indicates whether the promotion is Draft, Active or Expired, as well as if it’s about to start. Once the promotion period has ended, this field will be marked in red saying: Status: Expired. You can choose what to show on an expired promotion page.
- Link to the promotion. Use this URL whenever you share the promotion. Learn more about sharing here. The copy link button instantly copies the link, to make sharing even easier.
- Activate Promotion. When the promotion is ready to launch, click this button to activate it. You'll be taken to the activation page, where you can review billing information and make payments.
- Side menu. All your promotion settings in one place.
- View tutorial. This tutorial guides you step by step through the creation and management of your promotion.
- Promotion dates controls the timezone and phases of the promotion.
Languages indicates the default language of the promotion. You can edit this if you wish.
Localization enables you to limit participation to one or several countries. Learn more about country restrictions.
- Next steps: Practical recommendations to guide you in the creation and management of your campaign.
Top tip: The promotion ID number (#) is a unique identifier for each promotion. Quote this number if you need to contact the Easypromos team with any issues. This will make it easier for us to review your settings and help you out.
Step 2. Upload and configure the codes
The next and most important step is to upload the codes for your promotion. The system will be able to verify whether participants are registering with valid codes. If they do not have a valid code, they will not be able to finish the registration process.
The codes are uploaded and configured in the "Participation requirement" section, which is the screen that will appear to the user after identifying himself in the promotion and just before accessing the registration form.
Below we detail the process to upload the codes and configure the way to validate them.
Access the Editor > Pages > Participations and click on the participation stage "Check in":
Then click on the "Requirements" tab:
You will see that the system will have created for you the requirement "Validate a code", which will allow the user to enter a code as a participation requirement:
Then decide how often you want to apply the requirement: you can decide if you want users to have to enter a code each time they participate or only the first time:
Then you can set up the properties of the "Validate a Code" requirement:
1. Field label: It is the text that will appear as the title of the text field where users must enter the code, for example: "Enter your code here".
2. Chose the code validation: This is the option that allows the application to validate the code that the user types in the registration form. Follow the steps detailed below to upload the codes to the application:
- Step 1. Select the option "Use a codeset": By default, this field is configured with the option "Use a unique code" that allows all users to participate with the same code (in this case, the code "TEST") . However, if you want users to be able to participate with a different and individual code, you must change the validation method and select "Use a codeset", where you can upload all the codes that you want to distribute among users. If you need to create a large volume of codes, you will need to create them in batches of 20,000 (with a maximum limit of 2 million codes).
Note: The Easypromos system can load and validate alphanumeric codes, but the codes must be created outside the Easypromos platform. If you do not have your own code generation system, you can use an online tool or software like this popular free tool.
- Step 2. Click the "Create a codeset" button to start loading the codes:
- Step 3. A window will open where you can create the set of codes and load all the codes that will be valid to participate. Specifically, you can load the codes by copying and pasting the codes directly:
Note: You can upload codes in batches of 20,000, with a maximum limit of 2 million codes.
Once the codes have been uploaded to the code set, you can add new codes or consult the uploaded codes at any time by accessing the Editor > Tools > Codeset section:
3. Codes are one use only: Enable this option to check that codes are valid and are only used once. Participants will not be able to reuse codes.
4. Participants must upload an image to prove the code: This option allows you to ask users to upload an image as proof of the code, in addition to entering the code. For example: a ticket, receipt or invoice for a purchase.
5. “Contents” tab: In this section you can customize the following elements of the screen:
- Title of the page.
- Header image.
Note: Do you want to assign a direct award to users who enter a winning code? See the tutorial on how to create a "Winning Codes" application.
Next, click on the “Check-in” tab. This is the screen that the user will see after entering the valid code, which acts as a transition to the Thank you page, which the user accesses after completing their participation. On this screen you can customize the following elements:
a) Image and Description: You can upload an image and a description for this screen.
b) How do you want the transition to be? By default, the system will show a progress bar that will transition to the final thank you screen, but you can configure the transition to be manual by the user by clicking a button.
Step 3. Participant registration system
Now go to the Editor > Pages > Login and you can set up the way users can identify themselves to participate in the promotion. Here you can discover the different types of Login and all the set-up options.
Note: In order to activate the Login system, it’s necessary to have an account with an active Premium or White Label plan.
Which options does the Login system give you?
The Login system allows you to offer the option of enabling multi-participation so users can accumulate codes. This possibility allows you to create promotions with a great diversity of ways to distribute prizes:
- Run a giveaway for all registered users: For each validated code, an additional participation is given for the final draw.
- Assign awards to specific codes: This is the dynamic that we call ‘Winning codes’, in which the users discover instantly if their code has a prize or not.
- Instant win prizes: If you prefer to control how the app distributes the prizes, you can set up the application so that it is combined with the Instant Win system.
- Give away prizes when a set number of codes has been validated: The user must collect a specified number of different codes and then validate them through the app to obtain a guaranteed prize that the application automatically presents on the final page.
- Try your luck with a branded prize wheel: You can use the code validation to access contests and games.
💡 Discover in this article these ideas and other recommendations to create your Validate Codes promotion or download this PDF document to discover the dynamic of the Redeem codes app that suits you best depending on the prizes and the code validation type.
3. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the promotion, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
4. Manage the active promotion
While the promotion is active, you can monitor and manage participants and the promotional codes which they use.
1. Go to Editor > Tools > Codeset to see which codes are being validated by users. You can:
- See and filter by the assignment status of the codes.
- See the name of the user who has validated each code, and access their individual promotion entry.
- Add new codes to the codeset, or delete codes which have not been validated.
- Sort the list of codes by upload date (ascending or descending).
2. Go to View entries on the promotion management page to learn more about participants. You can:
- See participants’ information, including code usage, and download it to an Excel file.
- View and manage participants.
Note: Information about participants will still be available even when the promotion has finished.
You will also be able to find out which code each participant has validated, information that will also be included in the Excel/CSV document with the list of participants who have registered. To do this, you must click on the tab "Latest participations":
5. Manage prizes and publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the promotion, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, you have different ways to assign the prize to the winners, depending on your preference:
1. Carry out a draw among all the users who have participated in the promotion. Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it among all the participants.
2. Give a coupon to all users who have participated. Follow the steps in this tutorial that explains how to create the promotional coupon type prize to assign it directly to all users after participating in the promotion.
3. Assign the prizes for the instant win. You can set up the promotion so that prizes are awarded only to users who sign up for the promotion right at the moment an "instant win" has been scheduled. Check here how to assign the prizes for the "instant win" system.