The Multi-Network Giveaway app lets you create a giveaway based on comments, from multiple posts, on multiple social networks. For example, you can run one giveaway for Facebook and Instagram users simultaneously, and choose a single winner.
What you should know before starting
- When you run a Multi-Network Giveaway, your first step should be to announce the campaign on your social media, and encourage followers to participate. Once the participation period is over, you can access your Easypromos Control Panel and create a Multi-Network Giveaway. The platform will import all the social media posts that you want to include in the giveaway. Finally, it will select and publish a winner from among the users who commented on your posts.
- The Multi-Network Giveaway application is currently only available to customers with an active Basic PRO plan or higher.
- It can be used to collect the following types of social media posts into one competition:
- Facebook comments
- Instagram comments. Not available for posts on Instagram TV.
- Twitter replies
- Youtube comments
This tutorial describes the process of collecting posts and selecting a winner from multiple social networks.
Note: We recommend that you take the step of importing the comments from a laptop computer instead of a mobile device, and make sure that you don't lose connection and you don't close the browser.
Follow this step by step guide to set up and run your Multi-Network Giveaway:
- Multi-Network Giveaway video tutorial
- Step 1. Access the Control Panel
- Step 2. Import posts to include in the giveaway
- Step 3. Review the list of finalists and apply exclusions
- Step 4. Define the number of winners and alternates
- Step 5. Carry out a test and run the giveaway
- Step 6. Prepare to publish the winners
- Step 7. Manage winners and alternates
Watch a Multi-Network Giveaway video tutorial
You can review all the steps in the following video tutorial:
Step 1. Access the control panel
Access the Easypromos Control Panel from this link. If you're not an Easypromos user, create an account and sign in to the control panel to create and manage your promotions.
Step 2. Import posts to include in the giveaway
So you've announced a Multi-Network giveaway across your social networks, and your followers have had plenty of time to take part. The next important step is to select which posts to include in the giveaway, network by network. A winner will be selected from among all the commenters on all the imported posts.
1. Click on the "Create new promotion" button to start setting up your giveaway:
2. Select "Multi-Network Giveaway":
3. You’ll see the giveaway set-up screen. As a first step, you should select or create an organizing brand for your giveaway. This organizing brand is independent of any social network and works as a folder within your Easypromos account, in order to help organize the promotions that you create.
4. Once you have selected the organizing brand of the giveaway, select each social network from which you want to import posts:
Here's an example to help you out.
1. First, we click on the Facebook button to select and import up to 10 posts published on our page:
2. Then, without leaving this page, we click on the Instagram button to select and import up to 10 posts published on our profile:
Note: If you have promoted your giveaway with ads, click on the option "Add a promoted post" to add the ad you have created:
3. On the right, we can check which posts have been selected. When we have got all the posts we want, we click "Continue":
4. The process of importing comments on those posts will begin:
Important note! You can only import comments once. You cannot import more comments later. So make sure you don't open up the Easypromos platform until you are ready to choose the final winners of the giveaway!
Step 3. Review the list of finalists and apply exclusions
You will now find yourself on the main page of the giveaway. You'll see the title and ID of your promotion, as well as the number of participants and options to view their data.
You can also access filtering and exclusion tools from this page. You can control which users enter the prize draw, and exclude any users who are not eligible.
The Multi-Network Giveaway app enables you to exclude users from the list of finalists. There are several different ways you can do this:
1. Add any users engaging in bad practices to your blacklist. This will exclude them from all your Facebook Timeline contests, so you don’t have to exclude them manually each time. The blacklist is linked to your Easypromos Administrator Account, so it will be permanently available to you.
2. Exclusion of previous winners. Select this option if you don’t want users to be able to win more than one giveaway.
3. Exclusion entries registered after a certain date. In case of comments giveaway, this option allows you to indicate the closing date of the giveaway, so that users who participated after this date are not entered into the final draw.
4. Minimum number of characters in the comment. This option allows to exclude comments that don't have a minimum number of characters, which is established by the administrator when carrying out the draw.
5. Minimum number of commented posts. This option allows to filter users by the number of posts they have commented on.
Note: This option is only available when all the publications selected for the draw are from the same network.
Step 4. Define the number of winners and alternates
Do you want to give away different prizes?
With the option "Customize the prizes" you can create all the prizes you want to give away, and for each prize, you can define the number of winners you want to obtain. For example, you can have a first prize to give away some movie tickets with 2 winners, and a second prize of tickets for a concert with 2 other winners. Being two different prizes, this option will allow you to manage the number of winners you want to obtain for each type of prize, and at the time of publishing the winners, these will also be presented separately.
Click 'Continue' and you'll be taken to the Test Page. From here, you can carry out a test to see how the giveaway will work and how the winners will be announced.
Step 5. Carry out a test and run the giveaway
Before you run the random giveaway, you have the option of carrying out tests to see how the tool works.
Once you feel ready to choose a real winner, click "Ready! Pick the winners". The system will choose a winner, randomly and automatically.
Finally, a window will open with a summary of the configuration of your giveaway, which you must confirm in order to continue with the process. In addition, you have the possibility to activate the option "View the random draw as an animated presentation", which will allow you to visualise the process of selection of winners and alternates in the form of an animated presentation, more visual and graphic. See an example.
Step 6. Prepare to publish the winners
Congratulations! The giveaway has been carried out. The results will be displayed on your main giveaway page. Now you can think about announcing the winners publicly and awarding the prizes.
A. "Winners and Alternates" section:
Here you'll see the list of winners and alternates. From this section you will also be able to do the following actions:
- Send a notification to the winner by clicking on the envelope icon (option only available for Facebook, Instagram and YouTube winners). This option allows you to send a response to the comment of the user that has been selected to inform the user that he is the winner of the giveaway.
- Manage the winners to change them if necessary. If for any reason the user who has been the winner cannot receive the prize, by clicking on the "Manage" button you can make a substitution for one of the alternates.
Click on "View" to see a list of participants in the promotion. The list includes the comment made by each participant, and which social network they used. You can "Export" the list of participants, and their data, in Excel / CSV format:
B. "Publication of winners" Section:
When you run the giveaway, Easypromos automatically generates two important web pages for you:
- Certificate of Validity. The Certificate of Validity confirms that the giveaway has been run once only, and completely at random. This certificate identifies the giveaway and it can't be modified. Share the URL to demonstrate that your giveaway was run fairly and transparently.
- Winners Page. This is a microsite where the names of the winners and alternates are displayed. Simply share this URL to announce the results. You can customize this page to match your branding and promotion aims.
- Broadcast mode. This option allows you to present the results of a giveaway in an animated format to show the winners in a more fun way and add a point of surprise and fun to your draws. This option is only available with the Basic PRO plan or higher. More information.
Click on "Edit" to customize the Winners Page:
These are the elements that you can customize:
C. "Claim your prize" section:
Set up this section to enable winners to confirm their details and claim their prize. Users simply visit the Winners Page to securely enter their details and accept their prize.
D. "What's next" section:
This section offers tools to share the Winners Page on social media. You can also send direct notifications to winners.
Step 7. Manage winners and alternates
From the 'Winners and alternates' section you can:
- See whether winners have claimed their prize, and review the details they've provided.
- Manage the prizewinners and change them if necessary.
- Download all the information provided by prizewinners as an Excel/CSV file.