Do you want to offer fun and entertainment to your users ? We present you the Timed Quiz, which will allow you to challenge your users with a series of questions that they must answer in a set time. Users will earn points for each hit, also getting additional points according to the time remaining. This way, the participants will compete with each other to obtain the highest score in the Ranking and as an administrator you will be able to reward the best classified.
The content of the tutorial is as follows:
1. General Description
Timed Quiz is a game of random questions with a time limit. Users will accumulate points for each correct answer and the time invested. This way, users will compete with each other and as an administrator you can reward them according to their results.
The characteristics of the timed Quiz are the following:
- You can choose between three different game modes:
- Standard Pop Quiz: The game ends when the user has answered all the questions. The goal is to try to get the maximum number of questions right in the shortest time possible.
- Repeat Round Quiz: The game ends when the user has answered all the questions correctly. You have multiple rounds and each round will present the questions that you did not get right in the previous round.
- Sudden Death: The game ends when the user fails a question. The objective is for the user to get as many questions as possible.
- You will be able to upload all the questions and answers in bulk: You will be able to create the questions and their answers from a spreadsheet and upload them in bulk to the application. The system will automatically generate the quiz with random questions.
- The user is offered a 100% gamified experience: Random questions and answers, time limit per question, points for correct answers, extra points for time, classification between participants, etc.
- Multiple options to reward participants: You can assign the prize/s to the participants with the highest scores, run a draw among the participants with the most points, draw a prize among all participants, etc.
2. How is the participation flow of the user
What will the user experience be like? The promotion is made up of different pages that the user will find when interacting with the promotion to participate, such as: the initial welcome page, the registration page, where the user will register with their data, the page that presents the questions of the quiz, etc. As a whole, the different pages will make up the structure of the promotion and the flow of participation that the user will follow to complete the promotional mechanics of the promotion.
In addition, as an administrator you can select which participation flow you want users to follow. Specifically, there are three different participation flows: Identified Mode, where the user must identify and register before being able to participate in the Quiz; Visitor Mode, where the user first answers the questions of the quiz and then identifies and registers in order to claim their prize; and Anonymous Mode, where the users participate without identifying themselves or registering. The choice of one modality or another will determine how the user's participation and experience in the promotion will be.
3. Create the promotion
How to start creating the Timed quiz? We present the following tutorial that will allow you to know the first steps to create your promotion so that you do not miss any important point. You will learn all the general management options that you have available as an administrator in your internal dashboard to manage and edit the promotion.
4. Set up of the Timed Quiz
Here we explain all the steps to create your Quiz.
Step 1. Upload the questions
Enter the 'Editor' of the promotion and access the Pages> Participation section. Click on the pencil icon to access the Quiz configuration and customization options:
Next, click on the "Timed Quiz" tab, which is the section where you will create your questions and answers:
As you can see, you will have 10 questions already created (they are general culture questions), so that you can get an idea of the type of questions you can create. To begin familiarizing with the tool , you can use the "Test the game" tab to test the user experience when playing:
From there, you can decide if you want to use the questions that are configured by default or you can create your own questions.
To create your own questions, you have three methods available:
1. Simple: It allows you to add each of the questions and answers manually from the Question Editor, where you can enter the text of the question, add the different answers and mark the correct option:
2. In bulk: The editor incorporates a tool to upload questions in bulk from a file. In this way, you can easily work the questions and answers in a spreadsheet-type file and then import all the questions at once with a simple copy / paste, and the system will automatically generate the quiz with random questions.
Follow this tutorial to see how you should work on the file and prepare it for uploading the questions and answers in the Quiz.
3. With Artificial Intelligence: You will be able to create questions based on specific topics using the Artificial Intelligence question generator.
Note: The possibility to use Artificial Intelligence to create the questions for the Timed Quiz is only available to customers with a Premium plan or higher.
To do this, you must enter the topic of the questions, the number of questions you want to generate and the number of answers per question, and the question generator will create them.
After generating the questions, a window will open where you can see the questions that have been generated, and you can decide which questions you want to add to the Quiz, and after adding them to the game you can edit them.
Note: Questions can have a maximum of 150 characters each, while the answers can have a maximum of 30 characters each.
Step 2. Configure the gameplay options of the Quiz
Once all the questions and answers that the Quiz contains are uploaded, the next step is to configure the options of the Quiz. To do this, click on the "Gameplay settings" tab, where you will find the following configuration options:
- Game mode: The Timed Quiz will allow you three different participation modes:
- Standard: The game ends when the user has answered all the questions. The goal is to try to get the maximum number of questions right in the shortest time possible. The user will get 100 points for each correct answer.
- Repeat round Quiz: The game ends when the user has answered all the questions correctly. You have multiple rounds and each round will present the questions that you did not get right in the previous round. In the first round the user will earn 100 points for a correct answer, in the second round 80 points, in the third 60 points, in the fourth 40 and from the fifth he will only earn 1 point.
- Sudden Death: The game ends as soon as the user fails a question. The objective is for the user to get as many questions as possible. The user will add 100 points for each correct answer.
- Show questions and answers randomly.
- Show the correct answers in case the participant selected a wrong answer.
- Time limit for each question. It allows you to set the time limit that you want to give users to answer each question in the Quiz.
- Number of questions to show. It allows you to decide the number of questions you want to show in the Quiz. In this way, you can decide to not show all the questions, but only a part of them, and the system will randomly choose the questions to show the participants.
Step 3. Customize the Quiz colors
The layout of the Quiz is made up of different elements that can be customized as follows:
1. Quiz background color:
a) Background color for the top half of the screen.
b) Background color of the lower half of the screen.
c) Color of the time bar.
The response buttons can be customized, specifically, you can edit the following two design options:
a) Background color of the button.
b) Color of the text.
3. Buttons when hovering
You can customize the response buttons colors when the user passes the mouse over them, specifically:
a) Background color of the button when hovered.
b) Text color when hovered.
4. Transition screens and Feedback color for answers:
After answering each question, the system will display a feedback screen indicating to the user whether the question has been answered correctly or not:
- Correct answer Feedback:
- Wrong answer Feedback:
Step 4. Customize the Instructions screen
The Instructions screen will appear to the user just before starting the Quiz. There, the participants will find a summary of how the Quiz works so that they is informed of the proceeding before being presented with the quiz. This Instructions screen presents the following information by default:
- Description of the game mode you have defined (Pop quiz, Repeat round quiz or sudden death).
- Number of questions that the Quiz will have.
- Time available per question.
- Information on the number of points for each correct answer and bonus points for time remaining.
Additionally, you can customize this screen with a description, an image, as well as the text of the button where users will click to start playing:
Step 5. Configure the scoring screen
In the "Score screen" section, you can customize the texts that will be displayed on the screen that the user will access after completing the game, which allows you to show a summary of your game with the score obtained.
In this screen you can customize the following elements:
- "Feedback message text": Message displayed at the top of the screen, which by default comes with the text "Good job!" in the case of the "OK Screen" and "Time's up!" in the "KO by Time Screen".
- Option "Show game summary". Allows the user to see a summary of their answers in the Quiz.
5. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Timed Quiz, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
6. Managing the points and publication of winners
Depending on the game mode, the scoring system works as follows:
- "Standard Pop Quiz" mode: The user will add 100 points for each correct answer.
- "Repeat Round Quiz" mode: In the first round the user will earn 100 points for a correct answer, in the second round 80 points, in the third 60 points, in the fourth 40 and from the fifth he will only earn 1 point.
- "Sudden death" mode: The user will add 100 points for each correct answer.
Additionally, points will be awarded based on the participant's remaining time. Specifically, 1 point will be assigned for every second remaining.
Example: A user has completed the Quiz and has answered 10 questions in Standard mode and has 15.7 seconds to spare. The user will get the following score: 1000 points for having answered 10 questions + 157 points for the remaining time.
How to publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the Quiz, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, you have three ways to assign the prize to the winners, depending on your preference:
1. Assign the award to the player in the first position of the Ranking. In this case, follow the steps of this videotutorial that explains how you can assign the prize to the fastest player.
2. Carry out a sweepstakes among the users who have obtained a higher score. Follow the steps of this videotutorial that explains how you can create the prize to be raffled among the players with the highest score, for example, the 5 players with the most points.
3. Carry out a draw among all the users who have participated in the Quiz. Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it among all the participants.