Do you want to offer fun and entertainment to your users ? We present you the Timed Quiz, which will allow you to challenge your users with a series of questions that they must answer in a set time. Users will earn points for each hit, also getting additional points according to the time remaining. This way, the participants will compete with each other to obtain the highest score in the Ranking and as an administrator you will be able to reward the best classified.
The content of the tutorial is as follows:
1. General Description
Timed Quiz is a game of random questions with a time limit. Users will accumulate points for each correct answer and the time invested. This way, users will compete with each other and as an administrator you can reward them according to their results.
The characteristics of the timed Quiz are the following:
- You can choose between three different game modes:
- Standard Pop Quiz: The game ends when the user has answered all the questions. The goal is to try to get the maximum number of questions right in the shortest time possible.
- Repeat Round Quiz: The game ends when the user has answered all the questions correctly. You have multiple rounds and each round will present the questions that you did not get right in the previous round.
- Sudden Death: The game ends when the user fails a question. The objective is for the user to get as many questions as possible.
- You will be able to upload all the questions and answers in bulk: You will be able to create the questions and their answers from a spreadsheet and upload them in bulk to the application. The system will automatically generate the quiz with random questions.
- The user is offered a 100% gamified experience: Random questions and answers, time limit per question, points for correct answers, extra points for time, classification between participants, etc.
- Multiple options to reward participants: You can assign the prize/s to the participants with the highest scores, run a draw among the participants with the most points, draw a prize among all participants, etc.
2. Set up of the Timed Quiz
Here we explain all the steps to create your Quiz.
Step 1. Create the promotion
1. Access the Easypromos Control Panel and log in with your e-mail and password to manage and create your promotions:
2. Next, click on the "Create new promotion" button to start creating your quiz.
3. The available products will be presented to us. Select "Timed Quiz" in the Games column:
4. Then configure the following options:
- Organizing brand. As a first step, you must create an organizing brand for your promotion. This organizing brand is independent of any social network and works as a folder within your Easypromos account to help you organize the promotions you create.
- Version of the template. The Timed Quiz is available in the Premium and White Label versions.
5. By clicking on "continue", you will access the promotion management page, where you have all the options to finish setting up the promotion. We explain the most relevant sections or modules:
1. Header. You will find the title of the promotion, the version and other relevant information such as the ID number of the promotion, which unequivocally identifies each promotion (provide this number to the Easypromos technical team if you have any incident or doubt about the promotion, so they can easily review the configuration). You will also find the Status of the promotion, which indicates the status of your promotion: draft, active or finished.
2. Promotion link. It is the URL that you must use in all the broadcasts that you want to make of the promotion. You will also find the Copy link button, which will allow you to copy the promotion link automatically to carry out the different dissemination actions.
3. Activate promotion button. When your promotion is ready to go live, click on this button to activate it and launch it. This button will take you to the activation page, where you can review the billing information to proceed to pay for the promotion.
4. Test mode. This tool will allow you to carry out a real test of the promotion before activating it, in order to participate in it as users will when it is activated and thus be able to check that the promotion works as expected before launching it. More information
5. Lateral Menu. Here you will find all the configuration options for the promotion.
6. See tutorial. Here you have access to a tutorial that will guide you step by step in the creation and management of your promotion.
7. Here you will find the following configuration options:
- Management of the dates and time zone that the promotion will have
- Languages: Indicates the default language of the promotion and allows you to change it if needed.
- Localization: Allows you to limit participation to one or more countries. More information.
8. Next steps: Practical recommendations that will guide you in the creation and management of your campaign.
Step 2. Set the Timed Quiz
The next step is to configure the Quiz with the questions and answers that you want to ask the participants. To do this, follow the steps indicated below:
Step 1. Upload the questions
Enter the 'Editor' of the promotion and access the Pages> Participation section. Click on the pencil icon to access the Quiz configuration and customization options:
Next, click on the "Timed Quiz" tab, which is the section where you will create your questions and answers:
As you can see, you will have 10 questions already created (they are general culture questions), so that you can get an idea of the type of questions you can create. To begin familiarizing with the tool , you can use the "Test the game" tab to test the user experience when playing:
From there, you can decide if you want to use the questions that are configured by default or you can create your own questions.
To create your own questions, you have two methods available:
1. Add questions in bulk: The editor incorporates a tool to upload questions in bulk from a file. In this way, you can easily work the questions and answers in a spreadsheet-type file and then import all the questions at once with a simple copy / paste, and the system will automatically generate the quiz with random questions.
Follow this tutorial to see how you should work on the file and prepare it for uploading the questions and answers in the Quiz.
2. Add the questions manually: If you prefer, you can add each of the questions and answers manually. To do this, you just have to click on the "Add new question" button, which will open the Question Editor, where you can enter the text of the question, add the different answers and mark the correct option:
Note: Questions can have a maximum of 100 characters each, while the answers can have a maximum of 30 characters each.
Step 2. Configure the gameplay options of the Quiz
Once all the questions and answers that the Quiz contains are uploaded, the next step is to configure the options of the Quiz. To do this, click on the "Gameplay settings" tab, where you will find the following configuration options:
- Game mode: The Timed Quiz will allow you three different participation modes:
- Standard: The game ends when the user has answered all the questions. The goal is to try to get the maximum number of questions right in the shortest time possible. The user will get 100 points for each correct answer.
- Repeat round Quiz: The game ends when the user has answered all the questions correctly. You have multiple rounds and each round will present the questions that you did not get right in the previous round. In the first round the user will earn 100 points for a correct answer, in the second round 80 points, in the third 60 points, in the fourth 40 and from the fifth he will only earn 1 point.
- Sudden Death: The game ends as soon as the user fails a question. The objective is for the user to get as many questions as possible. The user will add 100 points for each correct answer.
- Show questions and answers randomly.
- Time limit for each question. It allows you to set the time limit that you want to give users to answer each question in the Quiz.
- Number of questions to show. It allows you to decide the number of questions you want to show in the Quiz. In this way, you can decide to not show all the questions, but only a part of them, and the system will randomly choose the questions to show the participants.
Step 3. Customize the Quiz colors
The layout of the Quiz is made up of the following colors:
1. Quiz background color:
This color is determined by the color configured in the "Action elements" option (Editor> General> Design> Colors): the system shows the background of the question with the same color as the Action Element, and for the background of the answers the system uses a darker shade of the same color:
2. Feedback color for answers:
After answering each question, the system will display a feedback screen indicating to the user whether the question has been answered correctly or not:
- Correct answer Feedback:
- Wrong answer Feedback:
Both colors can be configured through the options "Color OK" and "Color KO", which you will find in the configuration options of the Quiz with time:
Step 4. Customize the Instructions screen
The Instructions screen will appear to the user just before starting the Quiz. There, the participant will find a summary of how the Quiz works so that he is informed of the proceeding before being presented with the quiz. This Instructions screen presents the following information by default:
- Description of the game mode you have defined (Pop quiz, Repeat round quiz or sudden death).
- Number of questions that the Quiz will have.
- Time available per question.
- Information on the number of points for each correct answer and bonus points for time remaining.
Additionally, you can customize this screen with a description, an image, as well as the text of the button where users will click to start playing:
Step 3. Configure the scoring screen
In the "Score screen" section, you can customize the texts that will be displayed on the screen that the user will access after completing the game, which allows you to show a summary of your game with the score obtained.
In this screen you can customize the following elements:
- "Feedback text": Message displayed at the top of the screen, which by default comes with the text "Good job!" in the case of the "OK Screen" and "Time's up!" in the "KO by Time Screen".
- Option "Show game summary". Allows the user to see a summary of their answers in the Quiz.
- Introduction message: Allows you to add a small introduction text that will be placed at the top of the page.
- Option "Show correct and incorrect answers": Allows you to show the correct and incorrect answers in the summary window of the answers.
Step 4. Participant registration system
In order to participate in the Timed Quiz, participants must identify themselves with their email, with their Google account or with their Facebook profile. If this is the first time that the user participates, the first step will be to complete the registration form, which must be filled in with the data configured by the administrator.
To do this, go to the Editor> Pages> Registration Form, to customize the fields that you want to ask users to be able to participate:
Step 5. Publish the Ranking page
Additionally, you have the possibility to publicly display the Ranking page, which presents a ranking of the users who have participated in the Quiz:
3. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Timed Quiz, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
4. Managing the points and publication of winners
Depending on the game mode, the scoring system works as follows:
- "Standard Pop Quiz" mode: The user will add 100 points for each correct answer.
- "Repeat Round Quiz" mode: In the first round the user will earn 100 points for a correct answer, in the second round 80 points, in the third 60 points, in the fourth 40 and from the fifth he will only earn 1 point.
- "Sudden death" mode: The user will add 100 points for each correct answer.
Additionally, points will be awarded based on the participant's remaining time. Specifically, 1 point will be assigned for every second remaining.
Example: A user has completed the Quiz and has answered 10 questions in Standard mode and has 15.7 seconds to spare. The user will get the following score: 1000 points for having answered 10 questions + 157 points for the remaining time.
How to publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the Quiz, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, you have two ways to assign the prize to the winners, depending on your preference:
2. Carry out a sweepstakes among the users who have obtained a higher score. Follow the steps of this tutorial that explains how you can create the prize to be raffled among the players with the highest score, for example, the 5 players with the most points.
3. Carry out a draw among all the users who have participated in the Quiz. Follow the steps of this tutorial to create the prize and raffle it among all the participants.