Have you created a promotion in your Easypromos account? When you’ve set up the features of the promotion that are specific to the type of promotion you’ve chosen, you can finish customizing it with all the options that the platform offers.
This tutorial explains all the features that the different types of Easypromos applications have in common:
1. Customize the general design of the template
The promotion template layout is fully customizable so that you can adapt it to your own style and adjust it to the look & feel of your brand or product.
The design template has the following structure, which applies to all screens of the promotion (both in mobile and desktop versions) with the following elements:
- A Header and menu.
- B. Background.
- C. Main container. You’ll find the contents (images, block texts, buttons) of each page
inside this container.
- D Footer.
All these elements can be configured from the Editor> General> Design section, where you will have the following configuration options available:
- Colors: Change the colors of the texts and the action elements of the promotion.
- Fonts: Select the font used for the promotion text and action buttons.
- Container: Fully customize the container by setting the style, opacity, height or position.
- Background image: Customize the background of the promotion with your own image or a color. The background will be the same for the different screens of the promotion.
- Others: Set the style of the promotion buttons (outlined or solid), as well as the color of the button text. Also from here you can customize the background color of the promotion pop-up windows (for example: window that opens the legal texts, My Networks window, etc.).
- Advanced (White Label version only): Use your own CSS styles to fully customize the template.
From the menu on the left side of the Editor of the promotion, you can access the set-up of pages that make up the promotion. These are:
- Welcome. This is the first page that users land on when they access the promotion.
- Login. User identification page (only in case you activate the login system).
- Registration form. The page where the users fill in the registration form with their data.
- Thank you. The final page of the promotion where the users end after participating.
- Gallery (only in Contests). The page where the users’ entries (photos, videos, and/or written entries).
- Ranking (only in Games). Shows a ranking of the users that have participated in the game.
- Winners. Allows displaying the prizes and the winners.
- Expired. A page that can be enabled when the promotion has ended.
You can set up the following elements for each page:
- Media: Here you can upload an image, a video, or a GIF as a header image of the page.
- Texts: Lets you add text copy to the pages; title, description, text on buttons (for example “Enter” or “View participants”).
Note: Additionally, the platform offers the “Dictionary” tool which allows you to modify the default texts of the platform that can’t be modified in the Editor. For example, the names of some fields in the registration form, Share and invite buttons, warning messages, etc.
Step 3. Review dates, languages and access restrictions
Now, review these aspects of your promotion:
In the Editor > General > Dates, you can adjust the dates of the promotion. You will find the following pairs of dates:
- Publication: This is when the promotion will be published and visible.
- Entry: This is when users can participate in the promotion.
- Voting: If you enable voting in a contest, these dates decide when the users can vote.
Access the Editor > General > Languages where you can set up the language of your promotion:
Additionally, in promotions created with the White Label version of the platform, in this section, you can add more languages to create the same promotion in several languages. Check out this tutorial to learn how to create a multi-language promotion.
Restrictions on promotion access
From the section Editor > General > Restrictions, the application allows you to restrict access and limit the users who can participate in a promotion. Specifically, the platform offers you 2 forms of restriction:
- Country restriction: You can limit the promotion to a specific country or countries. Only users who connect from the selected country or countries will see the promotion. Learn how to enable country restriction here.
- Age Restriction: Limit the promotion to users whose date of birth is higher than the one indicated by the administrator. This establishes a minimum age for participants. Learn how to enable age verification here.
Step 4. Add legal content
From the section Editor> General> Legal content you can upload the legal texts that you can present in the promotion. Specifically, you can upload the following legal texts:
- Terms and conditions, with the explanation of all the aspects that concern the promotion, giveaway or contest.
Step 5. Adjust the header and footer of the promotion
Next, review the following aspects of the promotion:
Header and menu
Additionally, you have the following additional functionalities to customize the promotion pages:
- Customize the name of each page and the icon that identifies it within the promotion menu. For example, you can change the name of the page from “Welcome” to “Home”.
- Add new sections in the promotion menu to present additional content.
Note: The promotion header and menu can be disabled.
From the section Editor > Design > Footer section, you can customize the content you want to show in the promotion footer, or deactivate it if you are not interested.
Step 6. Set up social media and sharing content
Next, you can set up the content that will appear when users share the promotion so you can control the text and image that is being shared. You can also enable the “My Networks” feature which allows you to show your social media profiles to the users during the participation and/or voting.
From the Editor > General > Share section, you can configure the viral content, which is the message that will be displayed when the participating user shares the promotion with their friends to invite them to the promotion. You will be able to customize the message of sharing according to the channel in which they want to spread the promotion to invite and get recruited.
You can complete the contents of the following sections:
Set up the generic contents of the promotion here:
- Viral image: This is the image that will accompany the share text. For social network optimization, we suggest a size of 1200px by 630px. The same image will be shared on Facebook and Pinterest. If you don’t upload a specific image for this section, the main promotion image will be displayed when a participant shares the promotion.
- Generic content: This is the viral text that will be shared on social media when the participant uses the share buttons on the main page, the entry form or the header.
This is the default content when users share to social networks from the final page.
C) Participation. It is the content that is proposed by default to share on social networks when sharing a participation in the gallery or from the thank you page. Learn how to configure it.
Note: Optionally, from the "Networks" tab you have the possibility to configure the social networks that the "My Networks" module will present, as well as you can completely disable the "Share" button of the promotion.
My Networks window
From the Editor > General > My Networks section you can enable and configure the "My Networks" window, which allows you to customize the popup window that will be presented to the user during the registration or voting process to encourage them to visit and follow your social networks.
My Networks can be customized to connect with Facebook, as well as with Twitter, Instagram and Youtube accounts. Learn how to do that here.
Note: My Networks module is disabled by default, so it can be enabled optionally.
Step 7. Communicate with the participants through the Email platform
If you need to communicate with participants during or after the promotion, you can use this section to create, customize and send emails.
It enables you to configure automatic emails to contact participants:
- To thank participants for registering, inform them of when the contest will be held, and when the result will be made known.
- Send an email to the contest winner
- Send an email to all participants, confirming that the promotion has ended and thanking them for their participation.
Step 8. Test, activate, and disseminate the promotion
Once you have configured all the aspects of the promotion, we explain the three steps you must take to launch it to your target audience.
Test the promotion
Before launching it and announcing it to your target audience, it is important to ensure that the promotion will be displayed and work correctly. To do this, you have the "Test Mode" tool, which will allow you to carry out a real test of the promotion, in order to participate in it as users will do once activated and thus be able to verify that the promotion works the way expected before launching.
Activate the promotion
Once you have configured all the aspects of the promotion, you can activate it from the promotion management page, where you will be able to make the payment. Here you will find more information about how the payment is made to activate the promotion.
Publish and disseminate the promotion
When you have activated the promotion, the next step is to publish it. When you create the promotion, a URL is generated. This URL is the main link to the promotion. By default, this link points to the microsite where the promotion is displayed. A part from this, non-exclusively, you can also publish the promotion on a Facebook page or embedded on your blog or website.
From the “Publication resources” menu, you can manage how you want to publish and disseminate the promotion. Remember that you can share it on several channels, using the same main link to the promotion, as this is the only link that is compatible with any device.
You can share in the following ways:
- With the direct link to the promotion.
- With the ‘share’ button on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Use Facebook Ads to give more visibility to the promotion. One of the most effective ways to improve the visibility of the promotion is through the Facebook advertising service, which will allow you to create an advertisement to promote the contest and generate traffic to the promotion. To do this, you must access the Facebook advertisers page and create an advertisement to promote the contest.
We also recommend this article with tips and tricks of promoting your online promotion.
Step 9. Manage the active promotion and finalize it
Here we explain all the actions you can take to manage the participants, check the stats, manage prize assignment and winner selection, as well as choosing how you want to close your promotion.Access to the list of participants
From the "Participants" menu, you can check the list of participants of the promotion in order to carry out any of the following actions:
- Check the information of all the participants and download it into Excel.
- Manage participants.
- Filter the list of participants according to participation criteria and apply actions.
Access to Statistics
From the "Statistics" menu you will be able to know the evolution of the participants and their interaction with the promotion. This information will be available from the moment the first participant registers and even after the promotion ends. Learn more about the information you can find in this section.
Management of prizes and winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to assign prizes to the users who participate in your promotion.
In particular, the platform allows you to assign prizes in two different ways:
- By Random Draw: It will allow you to carry out a final draw between all the participants or a group of the participants.
- By manual assignment: It will allow you to assign a prize to a user or to a group of users manually, for example, assign the prize to the most voted user.
Finishing up the promotion
The end of a promotion is controlled by the dates set up in the promotion Editor. When the "End of publication date" is passed, the promotion changes from active status to expired status. By default, the promotion is unpublished and is no longer visible. If users click the promotion URL, a screen with the message "promotion expired" will be displayed.
As administrator of the contest, you can edit the content of this "promotion expired" screen, or even republish the promotion so that it is visible again. For example, you might want to display the winners of the promotion, or keep the contest gallery visible.