Organize a Photo Contest among your users and followers on Facebook or Instagram, and publish it on your favorite social network or on any website. You will have a complete management panel to configure and customize the contest, manage and moderate all the images and measure the results obtained.
Attention! The Photo contest applications is listed as an "Old" product.
This means that you can still use it, but it will stop working in the future, although we don’t have an exact date yet.
We recommend you use the new "Voting Contest" application instead, which we have redesigned with a more modern style, new functionalities, and more customization and configuration options.
The content of the tutorial is as follows:
1. General description
The Photo Contest application will allow you to organize an online photo contest to obtain content generated by your users, which you can display in a public gallery and, additionally, enable voting to help make the contest viral. The Photo Contest will allow you to:
- Completely customize the registration form with the data you want to obtain from the participants.
- Publicly display the photos uploaded by users in the contest gallery and enable the voting system so that the photos can be voted.
- Enable participation from Instagram to facilitate participation from these two social networks.
- Manage and moderate all photos uploaded by users in order to control which photos appear published in the gallery and are valid for the contest.
- Decide how you want to determine the winner/s of the contest: by votes, through a jury or by a random draw.
- Download the original photos uploaded by users by connecting your Dropbox account.
2. How is the participation flow of the user
What will the user experience be like? The promotion is made up of different pages that the user will find when interacting with the promotion to participate, such as: the initial welcome page, the registration page, where the user will register with their data, the final page, etc. As a whole, the different pages will make up the structure of the promotion and the flow of participation that the user will follow to complete the promotional mechanics of the promotion.
In particular, in a Photo contest, the participation flow will be as follows:
1. When accessing the promotion for the first time, the user will access the Welcome page, and when clicking on the main button to start participating, the next page they will see will be the registration form page.
2. The user will need to fill in the form with all the information requested by the administrator, as well as upload the picture.
3. Once the registration form has been completed, the user will access the final page where the thank you message will appear, confirming that they have registered correctly.
3. Create the promotion
How to start creating the Photo contest? We present the following tutorial that will allow you to know the first steps to create your promotion so that you do not miss any important point. You will learn all the general management options that you have available as an administrator in your internal dashboard to manage and edit the promotion.
4. Set up of the Photo contest
Here we explain all the steps to create your Photo contest.
Step 1. Participant registration system
In order to participate in the Photo Contest, users must register by filling in the registration form with the requested data.
To do this, go to the Editor > Pages > Registration Form, to customize the fields that you want to ask users to be able to participate:
Step 2. Customize the Gallery page
Configure how the public gallery of images uploaded by participants will look. In this section, you should focus on the following tabs:
1. Contents: You can upload a header image to give the gallery a more corporate touch. You can also add an introduction message.
2. Layout: All contests created come with a default tiled gallery layout. This displays more than one picture on the same line, making a more visually attractive collage.
In this section, you will find the following options:
- Decide if you want to use the Tiled gallery or the Vertical gallery.
- Customize gallery details. Find out how here.
3. Options. You will find the following options:
- Entries per page. This option allows to set up the number of pictures displayed per page within the Gallery.
- Order entries. This option allows to set up how you want the pictures to be ordered on the Gallery:
- Most recent first.
- Most voted first.
- Anonymous participation. Activate this if you don’t want users' names and profiles displayed in the gallery.
Step 3. Enable the voting (optional)
Access the "Votes" tab if you want to allow users to vote on entries.
By default, Photo Contests come with the voting system enabled. You can set up what type of voting system you wish to use. You can also disable the voting system from here.
In this section, you will find included many options:
Step 4. Enable participation via Instagram (optional)
Normally, users participate by accessing the promotion and filling in the entry form. If you want to allow Instagram users to participate from within their social networks, you can enable Instagram integration. Users can then participate by posting with the mention+hashtag that you've picked for the contest.
5. Customize the design and finish the settings
Once you have configured the Photo contest, the next step is to finish the configuration of the other options of the promotion, such as customizing the design template with your own colors and texts, introducing the legal bases, the viral content settings, etc. Check the tutorial to finish the configuration and customization of your promotion.
6. Manage and publish the winners
Easypromos provides a complete Prize and Winners Management system that will allow you to create the prize or prizes that you want to give to the users who participate in the contest, as well as configure how you want to assign the prizes and select the winners.
Specifically, for the Photo Contest you have two ways to assign the prize to the winners, according to your choice:
1. Randomly: You can run one or more draw among participants, or among a segment of participants, and obtain a certificate of validity with the results. Follow the steps of this tutorial to run the draw.
2. Manually: You can assign one or more prizes manually to your chosen winners. This is useful in voting contests and skills tests. We also recommend this option if your winners are selected by a jury, notary public, or the organizing brand. Follow the steps of this tutorial to assign the prizes manually.