Is this your first time using Easypromos? In this tutorial we explain all the steps you will follow to create your first promotion with the platform so that you do not leave any details behind.
Note: This tutorial applies to any of our Premium and White Label applications. For giveaways on social media, please check out the Giveaways section.
The present tutorial is organised as follows:
Step 1. Access your Easypromos Dashboard
Access your Easypromos dashboard and log in with your e-mail and password to manage and create your promotions. If you haven't created your account yet, click "Create an account":
Once inside the control panel, we explain below all the management options that you will find inside your dashboard:
1. Account configuration. In this menu you will find different options to manage your account, such as: profile information, company information, list of invoices, etc.
2. Home. This button will allow you to access your list of promotions at any time. The promotions are divided into three folders, depending on their status: active, draft and old (expired) promotions.
3. Settings. In this menu you will find different management tools for your account and your promotions, such as: your list of organizing brands and labels, the Dictionaries tool to customize the texts of your promotions, the tool to create and host your Terms and Conditions with us, the agents management tool, to control who have access to your account, etc.
4. "Create my first promotion” button. This button appears as long as you have no promotions in your account and will allow you to start designing your first campaign, giving you access to the full portfolio of available applications.
5. Chat. Our team is at your disposal to help clear any doubt that may arise during the process of creating, configuring and managing your promotions. Here you can check our service hours via live chat. Outside these hours, you can send your query via ticket and in this case you will receive the answer via email.
Once you have created your first promotion, you will see that it will appear in your list of promotions, located in the Draft promotions folder.
Step 2. Create your promotion
Click the "Create New Promotion" button to start creating your promotion:
Next, we will be presented with all the available products. Choose the type of promotion you are interested in creating (for instance a Memory game):
Step 3. Create the organizing brand and select the user registration and participation flow
Once you have chosen the type of promotion you want to create, configure then the following options:
1. Organizing brand. Create the organizing brand of your promotion or select the brand you are creating the promotion for, if you have already created it. This organizing brand is independent of any social network and works like a folder within your Easypromos account to help you organize the promotions you create.
2. Template version. Select which version of the platform you want to use to create your promotion: Premium or White Label. The version defines the level of customization of your promotion, as well as access to advanced features. The activation price of the promotion depends on the version you select. You have the Premium version and the White Label version. The White Label is the most complete. Click here to see the additional features that the White Label offers.
Note: Applications with several stages of participation, gathered under the Multi-stage category are only available in the White Label version.
3. Selection of the user participation flow: At this point, you will be able to select the participation flow that users will follow in the promotion, and will be able to choose between 3 different templates:
- Users first register and then participate - option selected by default (Identified mode).
- Users participate and then register (Visitor mode).
- Users only participate, but do not register (Anonymous mode).
If you are not sure which flow fits the best your purposes, you can test the user flow before activating the promotion and change the order at a later stage if you need to.
By clicking "Continue", a draft promotion will be created with the selected template, which will be available in your account for you to enter and customize at any point. You will find it in the "Draft promotions" section.
Next, we explain all the configuration and editing elements that you will find on the promotion management page, which will become your workspace:
1. Header. You will find the title of the promotion, the version and other relevant information such as the promotion ID number, which unequivocally identifies each promotion (provide this number to the Easypromos technical team if you have any incident or doubt about the promotion, so they can easily review the configuration). You will also find the Promotion Status, which indicates the status of your promotion: draft, active or expired.
2. Promotion link. It is the URL that you will use whenever you are sharing the promotion with your audience, once the campaign is launched. You will also find the Copy link button, which will allow you to automatically copy the promotion link to carry out the different dissemination actions.
3. Activate promotion button. Once you have the promotion prepared and ready to launch, click on this button to activate it and launch it. This button will take you to the activation page, where you can review the billing information to proceed with the payment of the promotion.
4. Test mode. This tool will allow you to carry out a real test of the promotion before activating it.This way, you will be able to participate in it just as users will when it is activated and thus be able to verify that the promotion works as expected before launching it. See more information.
5. Side menu. Here you will find all the configuration options of the promotion.
6. View Tutorial Here you will find a tutorial that will guide you step by step in the creation and management of your promotion.
7. Here you will find the following information regarding the promotion configuration:
- Dates and time zone of the promotion.
- Languages: Indicates the default language of the promotion which you can change from the Editor.
- Localization: From the Editor, you can set a restriction to limit participation to one or more countries. More information.
8. Next steps: Practical recommendations that will guide you in the creation and management of your campaign.
Step 5. Go to the Editor of the promotion
Enter the "Editor" to start working on your promotion draft.
Next, we explain the different customization elements that you will find in the Editor, divided into the following sections, which you can see on the left side of the screen:
1. Pages. A list is presented with the different pages that make up a promotion, and for each of them the customization options available for each page are presented. Some of the actions that you can configure from this section are:
- Edition of the texts and images of the Welcome page.
- Customization of the entry form fields.
- Configuration of the Login methods.
- Configuration of the participation mechanic itself. For example, the questions of a Quiz, the Puzzle game, the design of a Prize Wheel, etc.
2. Design. In this section you will find all the tools that will allow you to edit and customize the promotion design template, such as:
- Text blocks.
- Header and menu.
- And much more!
3. General. In this section you will find the editing options for different modules of the promotion, such as:
- Customization of all the design elements of the template (texts, fonts, colors, etc.).
- Programming of the dates of the promotion.
- Upload of the legal texts of the promotion (Terms and Conditions, Privacy policies and Cookies policy).
- Creation and management of the prizes that will be given in the promotion.
4. Tools. Finally, in this section you will find the following management tools:
- Instant Win: In case of creating prizes assigned by “Instant Win”, from this section you can schedule the assignment dates for each of the prizes that will be given away.
- Codeset: This tool allows you to upload a list of alphanumeric codes, which can be used both to distribute them as a prize, or to establish them as a participation requirement.
- Validation Portal: In promotions with assignment of alphanumeric codes as prizes, the Validation Portal allows the codes assigned to users to be validated at the points of sale.
Step 6. Configure the participation mechanic of the promotion
The next step will be to configure the promotion mechanic itself, depending on the application type that you have selected in Step 2. Next you will find an access to the specific configuration tutorial for your promotion dynamic: